Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Lesson 4

Sirs Discoverer

I chose sea otters because they are among my favorite animals.  The article looks quite challenging and would not be very informative to 4th grade and below.
At the end of the article their are websites to go to and there are organizations mentioned that help sea otters. These could lead to articles that younger children could use.
There is only one picture of a sea otter.  I was surprised there weren't more pictures.

I selected Spain. The information is very straight forward and easy to understand. This would be very useful in middle school social studies classes.

The map of Spain is very detailed but yet easy to read.  It shows the regions of Spain and major cities.  It would be very useful in Spanish class when  you are teaching about the differences in the regions of Spain.

I looked at the current events feature.  This would be a good place for the current events teacher to send the students.  The articles would be up to date and relevant. She would not get all the fluff pieces.


Sirs Issues Researcher

I chose ISIS for my topic.  When I looked it up there are numerous articles on ISIS,  It also shows many other topics that are related to ISIS.    There are articles in newspapers, magazines, reference books and multi-media.

I chose Spanish.  There are numerous articles about the use of foreign languages. There are games in Spanish that I could use elementary Spanish classes that I teach plus they can be made harder for classes as the classes advance.

1 comment:

  1. SIRS Discoverer and SIRS Issues Researcher have so many great features! I really like your idea to share the current events feature in SIRS Discoverer with the current events teacher.

    Thanks for your post,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete