Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Lesson 5

Lesson 5

Proquest

1.  My topic was Vietnam and PTSD.  There are 4206 articles on the subjects. I skimmed a couple articles and they looked to be very thorough.  They were from The American Journal of Psychiatry which would be a reliable source.  Once again I can see how useful this would be for research in high school.  The teacher would not have to be concerned with whether his/her students were looking at articles that are not reliable.


1a. I looked at the Library Queen's post and discovered that she had researched Diabetes which is a topic very personal for her.  She states that she found the article very useful.

2. I looked up libraries and then refined the search to ebooks in libraries.  I looked at an article about Detente in New York on ebooks.  It was an article about a discussion at ALA about ebook lending in the library. The discussion included officers of ALA and representatives of publishing companies.

1 comment:

  1. Proquest is an excellent resource for students looking up information. I hear about many teachers who require students to use Proquest for their research project.

    Thanks for your post,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete