Saturday, March 7, 2015

Lesson 6

Lesson 6
Gale Virtual Reference Library

I choose a book on terrorism.  Because it is such a a current topic I think it could be used by the students in any of the social studies especially the Current Issues class that we have.  I could also see it used in the speech class,

I searched Crime and Punishment.  I looked at the critical overview of the book.  The students in English class could use this when they have to read books that they find difficult.

The listening part was very interesting and could be very useful for students who do not read very well but have to know about books that are very hard for them.

Gale Virtual Reference Library will be very useful in my library because we do not have the money to buy the reference material that the students need.

I looked at a couple other people's post and it is interesting to see that different topics that they choose,

1 comment:

  1. Interesting searches in GVRL--the literature criticism resources can be very useful for students as they read difficult books or need to make connections. Another useful title is the American Decades set--one can find info on everything from sports and politics to newsmakers and entertainment from 1900-2000.

    Thanks for your post,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete