Friday, March 13, 2015

Lesson 7

Lesson 7

Ebsco host

1.  I choose Tigers in the wild for my topic.  When I searched it brought up many things that had nothing whatsoever to do with Tigers in the Wild. In fact the only book that is brought up that had anything to do with tigers was a book on Asia which is a rather broad topic.  I was not impressed with this database.  I think it would confuse the students completely.

2. In looking for Constitution Day all I could find were books about American History which would work but would be quite tedious for most students.  Most of the books that came up did not have anything to do with Constitution Day,

3. I typed in Nebraska and found books about Native Americans and how they have been treated throughout history and how they are still being treated.

1 comment:

  1. Ebooks on Ebsco (formerly NetLibrary) will mainly expand the nonfiction section of the library--high school students may find this useful when they have exhausted the resources available in the library. Having the option to do a quick search here can provide them with additional information.

    Thanks for your post,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete